Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Max and Koa

Whoa! Look at this messy room. I wonder who could possibly be responsible for this destruction zone...
We decided to turn our "formal dining room" into a playroom for Max, thinking that it would get MUCH more use this way. These dining rooms are pretty much standard out here on the East Coast (or at least here in PA)--every house we looked at had one. And, since: 1) there is plenty of space in our kitchen for a table, and 2) we don't own a formal dining room set, we decided this room would be a perfect place to corral all of Max's toys and give him a place to hang out right next to the kitchen. As you can see he has a lot of fun here. Now if I could only get him to help me pick it all up...

Maggie, Joey and Koa came to visit us last week. How excited we were to have them stay with us again!--we have so much fun when they are here. The two boys play SO amazingly well together and just love each other so much. It is a lot of fun to watch them interact. I have posted quite a few pictures of the two of them playing. There were so many good ones to choose from I had a difficult time narrowing them down. However, I must give a brief warning: The following pictures may contain some nudity (okay, a lot of nudity).


They had so much fun playing in the little pool in our backyard. Max preferred to scoop the water out with his bucket and shovel while Koa would get a running start before jumping and sliding into the pool.



Of course Max wanted to "weeee" (which, if you speak Max, means "swing)...


And on to the slide. They were pouring water down it to make it really slippery...



Then, Daddy came home! This is the highlight of Max's day. He waits all day to take a ride on Paul's motorcycle, he even has me just sit him on it so he can make his "meeem, meeeeem" noises. Paul is so good at indulging his son--he usually starts it up right when he gets home and takes Max for a nice long ride around the yard.



Paul took the following series of pictures. I think they are so adorable. The two boys obviously love each other...(oh, and check out our new carpet)...





A lot of the week was either extremely muggy or very rainy (which, from the almost 4 months we have lived here, seems to be quite typical) so we decided to venture to the King of Prussia Mall (which I think is the second largest mall in America). I hadn't been there yet even though we live only 20 minutes away--I think I was a little hesitant to chase my super active toddler through its overwhelming vastness. It turned out to be a great trip, however, as the boys got to burn off energy and even came home with quite the goodies...
A Build a Bear horse (for Max) and frog (for Koa)--thank you Mimi! There was a floor model sitting in a stroller in the store which Max found to be quite entertaining. Not surprisingly, we ended up having to buy both boys a stroller for their new stuffed animals. Even though we knew their dads would have something to say about it, these strollers were a great purchase! The boys pushed their animals all over the mall--it was quite a sight.

And when we got home, the boys pushed their strollers around and around the house, stopping to give Mimi a big kiss every time they passed her.

Needless to say, Max and I were very sad when they had to go home. Max has been calling out for them and talking about them every day since.

Now for some prego pictures. This is me at 36 weeks pregnant to the day. I can't believe how chubby my face looks.
Whoa! Check out that side view. Even though I feel and look huge, the doctor told me yesterday that she thinks my baby is on the "smaller side" (which I am thankful for and am hoping she is right).

Max got invited to his first birthday party this last weekend. One of his friends from our playgroup turned "2". Even though my huge belly is a big distraction, look at Max's cute little cupcake face...

He basically ate all of the frosting off the top, then he was done.

My cute little guy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my heck Ging....if I could only be so darling..especially at 36 weeks!! Can't wait to see your little bundle of joy! :)