It is so hard to believe that it has been 5 1/2 weeks since Sam's exciting arrival--and he is getting so big. At his one month checkup last week he weighed 10 lbs 6 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. About a week ago he began to melt our hearts with his sweet little smile, and he continues to get more and more interactive and fun every day.
I am finally starting to get the hang of life with two kids. It still takes a while to get out the door--it seems like by the time I feed, burp and change Sam, make sure Max is dressed and fed, and pack the diaper bag, it's time to feed Sam all over again. But the three of us have actually gone out and about together successfully on quite a few occasions.
Maggie drove down from Vermont last week to help me out. Paul was going to be out of town on business for two nights, so it was nice to know that I wasn't going to have to do the dinner/bath/bedtime thing all on my own (probably my least favorite time of the day as it seems this is when I am the busiest and both boys are either at their neediest or whiniest). It was wonderful, as always, to have Maggie here. She's so much fun, both boys love her, and she is such a tremendous help for me. Needless to say, we all miss her very much and are eagerly anticipating her next visit. Here are some cute pictures of Mimi and the boys...
When my parents were out here they bought Max a trampoline for an early birthday/Christmas present since he has so much fun jumping on theirs. I know it looks pretty dangerous...but we did get a net that Paul has since attached to ensure that Max won't fall off the edge. Max loves to jump, but really prefers to do so with me on there with him. I guess it will be good exercise for the both of us...


Since Sam's umbilical stump took a while to completely heal, we had to give him sponge baths for the entire first month. Finally, at 4 wks old he got to take a real bath--he loved it!
Occasionally he will tell me to put Sam in his bouncy chair or to give him to daddy to hold, but he is just so sweet with his little bro--it is very precious.
And here are some cute pics of my sweet little Max. He is really such a good boy--and so smart. I tell him he is a genius every once in a while--maybe a little too often, since whenever I commend him for something he will say "geenyyuss." He has recently started to recognize shapes, so anytime he sees a star, a heart, or a triangle ("triang-angle") he points them out to me.
Anyone who has been here knows that our house is a work in progress. It really needs updating and it seems that since we both lack decorating savvy and time, the many projects will take us years to complete. Window treatments were definitely on the top of our list since they make any space seem a little more cozy. So, I put my mom's amazing sewing talent to good use while she was visiting and had her help me with some curtains. I think they turned out beautifully.



I stole this idea from Janiel--our neighbor in Farmington whom we dearly miss!
Our next project is painting. Finding the perfect color seems to be a little difficult for us. Right now we have stripes from about 15 different paint colors splotched all over the wall in our family room, so hopefully we can find the right one soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment