Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Superheroes

It's the dynamic duo! These cute little superheroes are a common sighting at the Blane household: rarely does a day go by that at least Max doesn't want to put on a cape, or a costume, or a mask. And, once Sam catches a glimpse of his big brother transformed into a costumed crime-fighter, he wants to get dressed up as well.


It's amazing how long my little 15-month old will wear a mask on his face.

Superheroes getting into the Christmas spirit.



Little Sammy is hilarious--he does these funny things all on his own. He loves to put things on his head, but ONLY if it is his idea. He won't wear it for a second if someone else places it there.
Superhero cowboy. There should be a country song with that title.



IronMax trying to summon his superpowers before leaping into the air and back-flipping onto the swingset.


This one's Max...


And this is Sam...


Sometimes they pretend to be miners...



Brothers...

What a wonderful thing for them both--they can be so sweet and have so much fun together. Sometimes I just love to step back and observe them playing with each other, laughing and giggling. It is bliss. (Too bad it doesn't ever last as long as the fighting; these boys definitely have their rivalry as well!)

Pictures from a year ago--it is amazing to see how much they've both grown.





Max...
My little Max. He is just a wonderful little boy. I have heard people say that 3 is even more difficult than 2, but I would have to disagree: For a three-year-old, Max is extremely pleasant and easy-going, not to mention reasonable (yes, I am knocking on wood as I type this).
Wait a second... Did I just say that he is extremely pleasant, easy-going and reasonable? Check that. There is one area in particular where Max is a little DIVA: he is incredibly opinionated on what clothes he will or will not wear. His shirts must have a superhero on them, and if those are all dirty, then at least there has to be a tractor or a dinosaur or something cool on it. He even likes to choose his own socks and underwear. We seriously have meltdowns on school nights when I am trying to decide what clothes he will wear--he usually wins.


Sammy will wear anything, but I do not forecast ever saying that he is easy-going and reasonable. In fact, he is quite the contrary--headstrong, demanding, impatient. He is also fearless.
He recently discovered that he can climb right up onto the kitchen table.
And he climbs up onto these chairs and propels himself, head first, onto the floor. He thinks it is hysterical.
He looks so innocent, but I guarantee you that inside that cute little head he is trying to figure out his next limit-testing move.









I also wanted to post a picture of our Thanksgiving.
There is absolutely nothing remarkable or extravagant about the table, but Paul, Maggie, Max, Sam and I had an AMAZING Thanksgiving feast here. Very small, but really good!! We had a fresh, 17.5 pound turkey which we brined, seared and basted to perfection!

And since then, we have just been getting ready for Christmas and enjoying this wonderful and busy holiday season.



1 comment:

~The J Crew~ said...

Your boys are soo cute and are getting big. Miss you tons!