Monday, November 11, 2013

Utah Trip 2013: Tractors and 4-wheelin' fun!

Max and Sam love the opportunity to ride in a real John Deere tractor with Papa or Uncle Jake whenever we come visit Utah.  And since riding in tractors is something we never get to do in Pennsylvania, there are lots of pictures of this particular activity.

Paul took this picture from the window of the truck as he was passing them on Highway 50...



Despite the fact that tractors were among Jack's favored toys at the time and that he only allowed us to read him books with tractors in it, Jack was very tentative about actually climbing into one and going for a spin.  He was petrified at first when Jake climbed in with him and closed the door... 

They just went around the block a time or two, but at the end he didn't want to get out.  He thought Uncle Jake was pretty darn awesome after that! 


Of course the boys would love the 4-wheeler!  It is one of our favorite modes of entertainment in Utah. And, unlike the tractors, I can actually drive one of these so I don't have to wait for someone to be un-busy enough to indulge them a ride.  I took this picture of the three of them on a ride up Wide Canyon.  I just love the photos with the mountains in the background.  They are one of the things I really miss out East... 

To switch things up a bit, we headed to the hay grounds one afternoon to run around after a picnic lunch in the back of the truck... 

Then they got to climb in the loader...

And ride the 4-wheelers around quite a bit more.  I even let them take turns "driving" which they thought was the best thing ever.

A really fun thing we got to do was help papa cut hay.  The boys would alternate riding with papa in the swather and riding on the 4-wheeler with me...










They also enjoyed playing on the old, classic John Deere Tractor at Gramma Grape and Emerson's house...








No comments: