I mentioned in a previous post that we spent a lot of time in our bathing suits, playing on the awesome inflatable slide my mom got for the grandkids. I forgot to include these cute pictures of Brooks and the Blane Boys drying off in between swim sessions. Aren't they precious? These boys got along so well the entire time we were there. Brooks is such an awesome kid...
Jack and his sunglasses. He is definitely too cool for school...
He usually preferred to wear them upside down like this:
The boys had hours of fun playing in the ditch that occasionally fills with water and runs in front of Jake's house.. As kids, we we called it "Grandma's Ditch." Not sure what they call it now. I guess it is still Grandma's ditch...
Anyway, this gentle stream of water entertained the boys for so long. They splashed in it, walked down it, waded in it, sat in it, threw rocks in it and flung sticks in it...
And just when i thought we had had about as much fun from the ditch as possible, the boys decided to take a mud bath in it. Another hour of fun!
In Utah, I am sort of famous for my omelets. I used to make them very frequently before kids for Paul and me on lazy weekend mornings, but now that our three little bees rule the hive, there is very little time for such lavish breakfasts these days (nor are there any more lazy weekend mornings). So, now the only time I ever get to make one is when I come to Utah. It does look quite delicious if I do say so myself...
The grandkids got to have several sleepovers in the basement. They loved it because not only did they get to sleep with their awesome cousins, but they also got to stay up super duper late watching movies...
Poor Sam had quite a bad run-in with a park bench while playing in the playground during one of Uncle Jake's softball games. A heavy, wrought-iron bench fell over right on top of his head. I have no idea how this happened as, even though I was standing right there watching, I totally missed seeing this occur. Nor do I have any idea what such a large and obviously dangerous bench was doing in the middle of the playground...
At any rate, Sam's inconsolability and growing goose bump gave me cause to run him to the ER...
Two CT scans and 6 hours later we were fortunately told that the damage was only minor--basically a black eye and a goose bump...
2 days later. This kid is so tough!
We also got to play with Oakley for a little bit while we were there. She and Sam had fun together--this is the one cousin who is actually the same age as he.
Spitz had puppies just a few days before we had to fly home. The boys were bummed they didn't get to play with them as they did last year, but at least they still got to see them before we left...
Posing with their awesome uncle Judd...
























No comments:
Post a Comment