Tuesday, June 2, 2015

This and That in May

I love the month of May!  Spring finally came the earlier part of the month, bringing with it all the beautiful flowers and blossoms that soon flourished into the beautiful greenery that depicts this part of Pennsylvania.  Jack and Sam ride the gator almost everyday (weather pending) and the boys  are constantly begging to have a catch.  As a family we went to see the Wilmington Blue Rocks play baseball for Max's school fundraiser which is always a lot of fun. The boys have been loving wearing short pants and short sleeves and no jackets (some of the time, anyway) and we finally began frequenting parks again.  Jack has been garnering quite the attention with his outfits lately as he is always determined to complete his look, whether wearing shorts or long pants, with his black cowboy boots--the same ones that have been lovingly handed down, brother to brother, from Cousin Brooks.  

The bad part of this month, however, is all of the yard work which seems so daunting after a long and brutal winter.  Again, Paul does most of it, but typically the weeding and flower-planting are my jobs.  Another bad thing about May is that I turn a year older--38 this year.  The boys are always so excited about birthdays, and I think Jack is still confused by the fact that I didn't have a party.  Paul made the day extra special for me, however, bringing me three bouquets of flowers (one for each of the boys to present to me), surprising me with amazing presents including a new lens for my camera and some cute clothes, and cooking a delicious surf-and-turf dinner for me of steaks and steamed lobster.  He even cleaned up all of the mess!  Another highlight of my big day was when I woke Sam up for school that morning and he sang me the sweetest rendition of "Happy Birthday" that ended with a "cha-cha-cah, Ohh la-la, Hi-Yah!"  It was so cute that I made him  sing it to me over and over again throughout the course of the day… 












No comments: