Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Update

I have received a little bit of criticism lately about my blog--I was told the name should be changed from "The Blane Family Blog"  to "The Max Show".  I know it is true that most--okay all--of the entries so far are about him, but he is the cutest most interesting and entertaining member of our family.  Not to mention the fact that he photographs the very best.  I could write something funny he said or something amazing he learned everyday--so I do try to keep the boasting of my incredible son to a minimum.  And while it is not entirely true that his adventures are the only thing exciting and eventful in the everyday lives of the Blane's, they are definitely the most fun to write about.  But, there are some major changes coming for all three of us--some of  which are depressing, and others that are joyful.

Starting with the joyful--we are expecting Blane baby #2!  Will it be a boy or a girl?--stay tuned for several (around 6-7) more weeks as we are only 13 weeks along.   Being pregnant this time around is a totally different experience.  I'm sure that throwing a very active toddler into the mix of having a lot more nausea and exhaustion than last time plays a major role in that fact.  However, if it weren't for being tired and queasy I think I would forget that I am expecting--chasing Max around keeps me very busy and this pregnancy has progressed quickly.  (I know I still have a long way to go, and I am glad for that).

The reason I am glad for that brings me to the depressing change......our move to Pennsylvania.  This is a major life-altering change that is happening much more quickly than I would have liked (because I would have liked not to have to move at all), but at least it could have taken 8 or 9 months or maybe even a year. On the contrary, our house sold in record speed in this horrible market--but it's a spectacular house so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I am really going to miss it here--and miss being near all of my supportive family.  I am already homesick just thinking about it.  PA seems so cold and lonely and far away.  And, I don't know how I will ever find my way even to the grocery store and home again without the mountains to guide my direction. Paul says I can fly back home a lot--but the thought of flying alone with two little ones is extremely nerve-racking.  On the positive side, Maggie and Joey are so close--the drive to Vermont from Philly is much easier than a flight from SLC.  And Marc and Deleah are close whether they are in NYC or if we crash their pad in Vieques.  Also, the house we bought has one thing going for it that our beloved Farmington house definitely lacks--a nice, big, flat backyard.  This will be so wonderful for my little outside boy. Max can hardly go outside here because if he gets going too fast he will just start rolling down the hill.  

This is a really long entry, so I will conclude with pictures of Max (of course) enjoying his visit with Gramma and Papa.  I left him behind for the first time ever and flew back to Philadelphia to join Paul on a house-buying frenzy.  I thought of him every single second and could not stop crying once I made it to the airport.  I tried really hard to resist the urge to check in  every half hour, and hopefully didn't make my parents too crazy with all my calls.  I missed him so bad, and when we finally made it back to Utah the drive to Holden was torturously long.  I was imagining what the reunion would be like the entire way.  I thought he would see me, cry, and run to me for a big hug that wouldn't end for the rest of the night.  Boy, was I wrong.  He couldn't have cared less when he saw me.  He didn't even want to bother with me he was having so much fun.  As the pictures show, he did have a wonderful time.  He is our little "Plow Boy".  The first group of pictures aren't very clear as they were taken with a cell phone.

















2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Ging....I'm sorry about your move to PA - I can only imagine how you must feel. :(

But.....CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!! I hope you have another boy so Max will have a playmate. :)

The Stefanoff's said...

Ginger! So fun... my mom found your blog... we tease her that she is a blog stalker. :) You look great! Congrats on baby #2. That will be so fun. Max is going to LOVE being a big brother. YOU ARE MOVING???? I am sure it's going to be scary, but it will be a fun new experience for you. We had a TON of fun back there remember? Remember Cynthia and I jumping on the metro and heading to MD to visit that guy she ran track with? I still can't believe we did it and LIVED.. :) OH well. My cousin Tyler and his wife live in PA. I'll have to find out where and let you know. Keep in touch... this blogging thing is fun... Best Wishes... Natalie