Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fancy New Haircut


At last, after much probing by Paul and my mom, I decided it was time for Max to get his first "official" haircut.  Strangers have been increasingly mistaking him for a girl (even though he is definitely all boy--especially when dressed in camo with trucks and airplanes on his shirts) and, after months of telling myself that it was just those to-die-for long, dark eyelashes and "pretty-boy" good looks, I finally considered that maybe it was his long hair.  

We took our little wiggle worm (which is putting it mildly) to the pros, since the last time I tried to give him a trim I ended up butchering his hair.  The place we went to specializes in kids cuts and they definitely don't allow a defiant kid (which Max initially was during the procedure) botch a great haircut--the woman was so fast and very good; we were impressed.  Max got to choose among several "vehicles" in which to sit during the cut.  At first he went for the fire engine, but once he spotted the airplane we had a winner.  They also have a variety of DVDs to choose from for distraction purposes--we chose Elmo--and Max got to enjoy a sucker (and he finished it even though it was full of hair after the first "snip"). 

Although I sometimes miss running my fingers through the soft, kinda-curly baby hair, I can't get over how handsome--and grown up--this new "do" looks on my little man.


BEFORE...

Oh yeah, time to get rid of this mullet.


Okay, I'm not so sure about this...

Wait!  Can I change my mind?...


All right.  What's Elmo up to?...

Okay Mom, I think I'm gonna bail.  How do I get out of this thing?...

Mmm--this sucker is tasty.  What is the flavor?--it has texture...

Are we almost done?


AFTER...
Wow!  I do look very handsome indeed!
I am just too cute!


The following are just funny pictures unrelated to the haircut, but I thought they were hilarious.   Cheese is one of the few foods that Max will eat pretty consistently these days, and this is him with the entire block.  He asks for cheese a lot--lately it's one of his first demands as he's trying to get Paul and I out of bed.  We typically give him a tiny little slice since he is known to shove all of whatever he is given into his mouth at once.  However, these tiny pieces were not doing it for him--I guess he was really hungry.  He reached up onto the counter and grabbed the entire block and started gnawing on it.  Paul and I got a great laugh while marveling at how long his arms can reach.  He is so much fun!



3 comments:

~The J Crew~ said...

He is so stinkin cute. We miss you guys so much, we can hardly wait until the 31st! That sure looks like a fun place to get a hair cut! Love you guys.

Jen said...

What a cutie!!!! He's sure growing up fast! I'm sad you guys will be moving soon. Guess we'll have to get together sometime when you're home for a vacation. :)

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

Kennedy loves cheese too. Max is too cute!!! I am sad you are leaving but we will for sure need to stay in touch. If you ever need a place to stay when you are in town my house is always open. I hope you guys come back soon so Kennedy and Max can play again. Please travel safe!!!