Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Adventures and SMILES!

Max has had a couple of really exciting adventures these last couple of weeks: a trip to a farm and a visit from cousin Koa--two things that make him very happy!

Petting, feeding, and riding horses, climbing on tractors--it's Max's dream come true! We got to visit this little farm with our playgroup--it is owned by the family of one of the mom's--and the kids had so much fun. They also got to pet these huge rabbits and feed some enormous pigs.




This is Max and his friend JP going for a horseback ride...

Max could have stayed there all day running around--I think he felt like he was back at Papa and Gramma's house.


It took a little practice, but I finally mastered the sling again. I carried Max around in this thing everywhere--and now it's Sam's turn. The only problem is I can't carry Max on my hip and Sam in the sling for very long before my back gives out.
Peek-a-boo!

We are trying to choose a color to paint our family room. Who knew this would be so challenging? (Maybe because we are so design challenged?) I swear, our family room looks like a patch work quilt--we've bought enough paint samples to cover our entire house! If you can believe it, we have actualy added 4 new colors since these pictures were taken, none of which we like.



Max's second big adventure--the arrival of cousin Koa! Max LOVES Koa (and the feeling is mutual). Even though it was way past bedtime when Joey and Koa finally got here, the two boys ran around in circles until they were red-faced and sweaty and then were carried (begrudgingly) to bed.
Phewww! Koa was still here when Max woke up the next morning. The first thing they wanted to do was play, play, play.

Max and Koa like to do the same thing at the same time--same drink, same cup!


Koa was so cute with Sam.

And Sam was happy to meet his crazy Aunt Joey...although he was upset when she would not feed him...


Koa and Max were sharing like big boys...



Cute little Sam (Sammy Doodle or "The Doodle" as Paul--for some reason--likes to call him) has recently perfected the art of the smile. Much to our amazement, Sam has also started to roll over from his belly to his back at 7 weeks old. (I think Max was closer to 3 months old when he did this).



Sam wanted to watch "Baby Bay Watch," but Max was too into "Elmo" to be bothered...



Nothing makes Max happier than talking to his little brother, and "The Doodle" is starting to respond to him. He smiles and coos away--this gets Max so excited.

Precious, heart-melting smiles!

3 comments:

~The J Crew~ said...

I miss you guys so much! What cute little boys--all 3 of them!I am so wanting to see all of you. It looke like you all have beautiful weather, here in Idaho, it has been raining and snowing for a week I swear. Miss ya and love ya tons!

Taylors said...

Sam's smile is so cute!!! He is getting so big, as is Max!

Jen said...

Your little guys are getting so big!! Looks like you're getting used to your new place. :)