Okay. I have finally done it. I have been procrastinating posting the pics from Easter for some reason. Not because it wasn't a fun day--we had a fantastic time, as usual, for the annual Easter Celebration with my family. I just haven't been looking forward to blogging about it. Maybe because there were too many pictures to choose from, I don't know. Regardless, I got it on here so that now this fun day can be documented. I know that I still look back on my childhood pictures from this same tradition and all of the fun memories come rushing back. I know it will be the same for Max and Sam.
Easter morning was spent at Papa and Gramma Jill's house. All the cousins were there (except for baby Oakley) to seek out the goodies left behind by the Easter bunny. Max really had no interest in looking for hidden eggs full of candy (probably a good thing for Paul and I, as we would have been tempted to eat most of it).
Later that morning the rest of the family showed up for the trip to the sand hills. We tried to get all of my grandma Bonnie's great-grandkids to sit together on the couch for a picture. Max hates to be posed for photographs, and absolutely threw the biggest pouty, whiney fit ever.
Although it was pretty cold, when we made it to the sand hills Max got over his crabby-camera moment and was happy again. Of course he was, he got to dig and play in a "giant sandbox" for the second day in a row.
Sammy had fun playing in the sand, too. This was his first time in the sand. Remarkably, none of it made it into his mouth.
Mom and Dad grilled up some delicious hamburgers and hotdogs, and everyone brought something yummy to accompany the much anticipated dinner.
Brooks enjoying his burger.
Did I mention it was cold? The sunny St. Georgians just about froze to death. But, I was so glad Gramma Bonnie and Em decided to come so we could spend more time with them while we were in UT.
Sara was an expert trail maker. Max and Emri had a blast sending their colored Easter eggs down her course.


This was Paul's first time at the sand hills for Easter. He had heard me and my siblings and cousins talk about it often, but he never really understood why we loved and looked forward to it so.
My cousin Cade brought his bow and arrow and the guys had a great time shooting it. Paul actually has expert aim and quite the skill with a bow.

My sweet daddy. He likes to pretend that sand hills on Easter is the last place he wants to be. I can see right thru that lie.

One little boy had so much fun that it completely wiped him out. He fell asleep almost instantly on the drive home.

And then, he got a haircut from Aunt Kellee. She ended up cutting almost everyone's hair that day. That's because she does such a great job!
I hope that we can spend such a wonderful day with my family for many Easter's to come. (Maybe one day we won't have to get on an airplane to get there.)
No comments:
Post a Comment