Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

This morning for breakfast I had my favorite cereal, a cup of lukewarm coffee, and a side of post nasal drip. MMmmmm! Post nasal drip goes great with almost everything, right? Today all of the PA Blanes have the sniffles and the boys have had a fever, and we all feel pretty miserable. I personally have never had so many colds in my life. In fact, I used to brag about how I never, ever got sick. I should have knocked on wood. Now, I catch every little cold that Max picks up, and, unavoidably, Sam (and usually Paul) does too. This is a little bit of an exaggeration, but it feels like we are sick maybe 2 weeks out of every month. I sure hope June brings better health.

Sam is sleeping in my arms right now due to a failed attempt at trying to make him "cry-it-out" again. That's right--I gave in. But, I waited a solid hour and 20 minutes before doing so, my heart breaking the entire time. This little guy is STUBBORN! He fell asleep almost seconds after I picked him up; he just HATES his crib and refuses to lie down and nap. And so, Sam is sleeping in my arms right now, and here I am again at the computer. There isn't a lot you can do with a 20+ pound baby sleeping in your arms--on your breast, the choices are: the computer, the TV, or a book or magazine. I have never been so caught up on my blogging. I watched all of my DVR'd shows yesterday, I have been flying thru books. Too bad my housework, yard work and laundry can't readily be done with one hand and a baby on my boob.

Paul and the boys gave me an awesome camera for my birthday last year which I almost solely use. Sometimes, however, the battery needs charging or it is just too big to pack along. In those instances I have to pull out the crappy camera which takes crappy pictures. Luckily, those instances are few and far between, which also means the memory card gets downloaded very infrequently. So, when I get around to finally doing it, I find pics that I forgot about. For instance:
I found these cute pictures of the boys in the tub. Sammy still uses this inflatable tub in the big tub because he tries to crawl all over the place. Max thinks taking baths with Sammy in this tub is too much fun, so they usually always end up in there together.


Even though it is a crappy camera that takes crappy pictures, there is no belying the handsomeness of my two beautiful boys!

I also found these pictures from Max's potty-training reward day.
We took him to the John Deere dealership and let him play on the big tractors and pick out a toy. I don't even need to say it because it is such a well known fact, but the kid was in heaven. I don't think anyone could love tractors more than Max.


Guess who turned 30 again? That's right, yours truly just had a birthday! Paul took me to this spectacular asian restaurant in Philadelphia called Pod. We had sushi appetizers and I had a wonderful wasabi-encrusted Filet Mignon for my entree. Yum!
My friend Sara and me

The bunch of us--we had such a wonderful time!

My handsome hubby and me--we are so full in this picture. And the dessert--peanut butter fluffer nutter eggrolls--had yet to make it to the table. Of course we saved room for dessert--it was my birthday!


No comments: