Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weeks 1 thru 3

Our baby Jack turns 5 weeks old tomorrow--WOW!!  I can barely believe it has been that many weeks since we brought him home.  He is so precious and just keeps getting sweeter and cuter by the day.  Unfortunately I have only gotten around to downloading pictures up to 3 weeks old, so that is all can post for now.  

JR at 1 week old:




His first real bath.  Much calmer and less messy than bathing the big brothers, I had forgotten that I actually enjoy bathing a  baby.  Jack really liked it too!

Sam just LOVES to hold baby Jack.  Only, he always wants to do so at the most inconvenient times--either while I am in the middle of nursing or changing a diaper--and will get a little mad when I tell him he has to wait.  Jack could be screaming because he is so hungry or tired, but Sam will still want to hold him--the cries don't phase him a bit. 



Max loves to hold Jack too, but is a little more reasonable about it.  It really is quite endearing to see how much both boys really love their baby brother.
 

My friend Sara came over with her kids to bring us dinner.  Her youngest, Isabel, is about 5 months older than Jack.  She is so much bigger--it is amazing (and a little sad) to see how much they grow in just a matter of months!  Look at the sweet way Sam is snuggling up to and gazing at baby Jack--so much love there!
 
The big brothers are already teaching JR everything they know about superheroes...






Baby Jack--and his proud big brothers--at 2 weeks old







A little blast from the past:  Max peering over the edge of the bassinette at baby Sam--a picture that is very reminiscent of the two above it.  It is just amazing for me to remember how little (and blonde) Max was when we brought Sam home.












Baby Jack at almost 3 wks old...
 

 looks an awful lot like Sam (who was about 5 weeks old in this picture).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures of Max wearing the same outfit (which was originally his).  As I have said before, our camera at that time was not very good, but here is a picture of Max at around 2 weeks old.  Which brother do you think Jack most resembles?  I get asked this question all the time, but I totally cannot decide.


Tomorrow, baby Jack turns 5 weeks old.  We are still trying to settle into a routine in our new and busy life and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and still try to keep everyone as happy as possible.  My confidence is building little by little-- I have actually ventured on a few solo outings with the three boys which fortunately went well, but I still wake up every morning wondering how I am going to manage it all that day.  

The fall weather here has been beautiful and the boys are constantly begging to play outside.  Fortunately, JR is napping a lot and can be easily strapped into the Baby Bjorn so we can enjoy the pleasant temperatures and beauty of this time of year.
 
  Max still loves to ride his two-wheeler and enjoys going really fast down the driveway and making "motorcycle" turns
 

 Sam is obsessed with the Gator (or "alligator" as he calls it) and zips around the yard super fast in this thing.  It is amazing how well my two-year-old can steer.  In this picture he is taking his friend Ryan for a spin.



Paul still has to mow the lawn every weekend.  I don't think we were still mowing the lawn weekly in UT at this time of year (unless I just forgot), so it is kind of a drag.  Not for Sammy, though--he loves to ride along.  In the picture below he totally passed out in daddy's arms while cutting the grass.  I think Paul held him like that for over an hour while he finished the task.

1 comment:

aunt pat said...

Ginger, your little boys are so stinkin cute !! Love your little family