Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween

Halloween... it seems so long ago.  But my boys were so cute for this special day and all of the fun parties leading up to it, that I just have to quickly blog about it. 

I didn't get many pics of Jack in his cute little monster "costume" since he was asleep most of the time, and on the actual day of Halloween he had a diaper "blow-out" while wearing said "costume" just minutes before we were headed out for a picture and trick-or-treating fun. 


Baby Jack, 6 weeks old





My cute little Max.  Who is getting so big.  He is finally starting to give me good smiles when I point the camera his way--but I still get a few of his funny, cheesy grins and crazy poses.




And he is such a good helper and so sweet with Jack.  He and Sam play really good together about 25% of the time and fight the other 75%, but they both are so great around Jack.  They actually fight over who can get closest to his face (for whatever reason they think they can't see Jack--or vice-versa--unless they are right up in his face).







JR started smiling somewhere between 5-6 weeks of age.  I feel like life is so hectic that we never have time to organize a "picture taking moment" as weird as that sounds.  With only one (or even with just two) kids life is SO much simpler, it is easy to just whip out the camera and take a picture.  With three, however, life is a totally new ball game.  When Paul gets home during the "witching" hour, our night is super crazy and we never pause long enough to think about getting the camera.  So, on the days I do think of it, I am flying solo--trying to simultaneously get Jack to smile while shooting a photo of it--not an easy task...   But, isn't he just perfect??

My days just fly by, and sometimes it seems like I spend all my time feeding a kid, cleaning up after feeding a kid, getting a meal ready to feed a kid, changing a diaper or putting one or another of the kids down for a nap.  Before I know it the day is over and I am still chasing my tail.  My house is a complete mess, and the laundry piles up for a least a couple of weeks (fortunately, we all have enough underwear to go that long!).  Thank goodness I still have a freezer full of frozen dinners and a husband who likes leftovers...


On the Saturday before Halloween we got our first snow storm!  It was a little out of the ordinary for the Philly area to have a snow strom in October--apparently that hasn't happened since the '70s--but Max and Sam weren't complaining.  I had to frantically search around for snow gear, though.  We were experiencing 70 degree weather just before this storm, so I was a little unprepared...



Max had a Halloween party and parade at his preschool.  He was very proud of his Captain America costume (his new favorite superhero) and was very resistant to taking it off after the parade.




Getting ready for trick-or-treating...



No comments: