I think I have mentioned in a previous post that my boys have sort of outgrown their love of superheroes. Every once in a while they will still play with one of their many batman or spiderman toys or dress up as a crime fighter with super-powers, but not nearly to the extent they used to. There was a time when every third word out of Max's mouth was "spiderman." Their new infatuation?? Monster Trucks. That's right--as in Monster Jam. And just like I never thought I would ever know so much about superheroes, I am now learning all kinds of new things about these massive car-crushing trucks. For instance, they have names like "Grave Digger" and "Monster Mutt" and "Maximum Destruction." There are even superhero trucks--"Ironman," "Batman," and "Superman." The boys have quite a collection, and one of their favorite things to do is launch them off a makeshift ramp I created out of cardboard and bubble wrap. It entertains them for hours...
Even Jack likes to play monster trucks!
The boys are watching the video I recorded of their monster trucks flying off the ramp...
I just got my 2011 blog book and it always gets me excited to be more organized with my entries and try to document as much as possible. It is amazing how much these little guys grow and change in just one year, and as hard as I try to enjoy it every single day, sometimes life gets really crazy and I forget to take the time and appreciate what a wonderful time this is. I really love this gig--staying home and hanging out with these little guys is the most wonderful thing in the world, and I am so grateful that I am able to do it. Everyday one of them will say and do something so cute and funny and I will find myself thinking, "I never want to forget this." So, having said that, I have a lot of pictures and memories to include on my blog and I am very behind and a little overwhelmed. My plan is to just make the entries smaller and more manageable. In the past I have sent emails out to inform friends and family that I have updated, but I will probably only do that occasionally now, so be sure and check the archive so you don't miss out!
No comments:
Post a Comment