Friday, August 31, 2012

Puppy Love

 In memory of Gus.  He was a wonderful, hard-working dog.  I miss him...

Our Utah trip seems so long ago, even though we have only been back for a little less than a month.  For the first several days and even now intermittently, Sam will ask  if we can go back to UT.  He obviously doesn't remember the torture of the long day of travel required to get there.   The boys had a ton of fun.  Our month there was so busy and full of adventure and memories.

As I sorted through all of my pictures I became a little overwhelmed by where to start.  So, for ease, I decided that rather than trying to chronologically log our trip, I will just group similar highlights together.  Hopefully this helps me document this wonderful trip a little quicker.  I have a lot of catching up to do as we have been super busy with other fun stuff ever since our return to the eastern part of the country--stuff that also needs to make it onto the blog...

I think the boys and I agree that the best part about going to UT is being surrounded by family.  Family.  That is pretty special.  Max and Sam loved playing with all of their cousins.  I think we got to hang out with Brooks all but two or three of the days we were there, we spent two weeks with Oakley, and Marnie's sweet kids came to stay at grandma Jill's with us for a whole week.  I would love to be closer to my sweet nieces and nephews.

My sweet little nieces, Jeslyn and Jauncee.  These girls are getting so big so fast.  They are so good with all of the littler kids, and my boys just love them.  I wish they would have been able to stay longer...
 



Cute little Clay.  This little guy is so stinkin' adorable.  I miss him just thinking about it...


I love that we got to spend so much time with cousin Brooks.  Max and Sam think he is the coolest, and by the end of the trip Max and Brooks were referring to each other as "brothers".  When my grandma reminded them that they were only cousins, their reply was that they were simply pretending to be brothers.  I thought that was super special...



We went on quite a few walks/bike rides while there.  We would always run into people from town who wanted to stop and talk to us, so we never really covered much distance with this activity, but it was something we all enjoyed nonetheless...

Of course grandma's trampoline was a favorite.  My boys rarely jump on the much safer, screened in and padded up trampoline at our house in PA, but for whatever reason (maybe because of the danger factor) they loved grandma Jill's...







Best buddies enjoying ice cream--another favorite activity at Grandma Jill's... 








When I was first sorting through my pictures I thought this picture below was Sam.  It is Oakley wearing Sam's swimming suit!  She could almost pass for him with the blonde hair and blue eyes...


A couple of weeks before our arrival in UT, Jake's dog had puppies.  All of the kids loved them.  The puppies didn't initially return their adoration, but they soon became accustomed to being loved on, kid-style...





Sammy especially loved the puppies.  He would beg for someone to go over to Jake's house and drag one out from under the porch where they hid. This is kind of funny because initially Sam was petrified of all the animals.  Just like at the beginning of last year's visit, he wanted nothing to do with anything that had fur or tails.  After about a week, though, he grew more comfortable around them and in fact turned into quite the animal lover... 







 





Jack's relationship with the puppies wasn't so amicable.  They would tackle him whenever he was roaming around on the grass and lick and nip him and really get him upset.  I don't think I would like them either...


However, they also became friends toward the end of our stay.  In these last pictures Jack is sharing an apple with them...







No comments: