Monday, June 25, 2012

Miscellaneous June Stuff

I am really trying to get caught up on all of my pictures before our big UT vacation, and I haven't even started packing or even thinking about starting to pack at all, so I think the next several days are going to be very busy for me.  My camera will most likely not get a lot of use until we are in Holden, so I am thinking that this post will be the last for at least a month or more... 

This month we were quite busy...

We started off with a little "adventure."  We took the boys to this perfect trail near our house and we had a blast!  Paul and I were on our rollerblades (which we hadn't used in years), Jack was kickin' it in the stroller, and the big boys  were on their bikes,  and we logged 4 miles that day...  

Sam was on his balance bike so it was amazing how far we went...


I think Jack's expression tells you how much he liked it!!
 As a side note, check out Jack's wounds:  he scraped up his nose and lip by pulling up on a chair.  It was a plastic lawn chair, and he easily pulled it over with his weight and it ended up on top of him, injuring him on the way.  Poor little guy...

Paul had his birthday this month...

Which he got to celebrate with the boys at an actual Monster Jam Monster Truck Show!!  (See, we are total rednecks after all, even though we don't live in UT anymore).  Max and Sam were super excited to see all of their favorite Monster Trucks (which I know all of the names of--much to my surprise).  Learning from our last attempt, Jack and I sat this one out at home, but I did feel a little left out that I couldn't see Max's expression when he saw Grave Digger or actually witness Sammy's overwhelming awe at the whole production.  I guess that is why I know the names of all the monster trucks--this is my life as the only female in a testosterone-filled house.  It is great!










Paul is gearing up to ride in another track day after a long hiatus.  He had to dig out his poor, neglected motorcycle from the far, dark corner of the garage and get it ready to race.  The boys, of course, thought it was  awesome  to see daddy with this cool bike--they get to ride on the dirt bike quite often, but they haven't ever seen daddy use this one... 




Jack has a new food love... 



Such a beautiful smile...  Look how similar those smiling eyes look to Sammy's in the picture below...



It has been very, very mild out here weather-wise this year.  I LOVE it.  We have only had maybe four or five hot, humid and miserable days, but for the most part it has been beautiful.  Average of 70s temps, a little rainy in the evenings--not too shabby in my opinion.  Maybe it's because I am not pregnant finally, but it seems completely different from years past.  

Anyway, on the few really hot days we splashed in our little pools in the backyard.  This activity sounds like it should be really fun, but it actually ends up being a real hassle for only 15 minutes of fun... 





Max and Sam can get a little rough sometimes so I usually bath Jack alone.  However, some days there is just no time--I have to throw them all in together.  Jack used to hate when I did that, but recently he has changed his tune... 


Those big brothers are so entertaining, he hates to miss out!

Alright.  You are all caught up on the happenings of the B-hive.  We head to UT in a week and I will probably take too many pictures, so our next blog entry will be all about our trip.

No comments: