Thursday, March 6, 2014

January 2014

Wow--A new year!   These kids of mine are growing up WAYYY too fast.  Max lost his first tooth!  He suddenly started to complain that he couldn't eat certain foods or drink from certain cups because it bothered his "wiggly tooth".  What?  This was the first I had heard of it!  And when I checked I couldn't believe it--the tooth was barely hanging on!  He was very hesitant at first to let me just yank it out, but the promise of the tooth fairy leaving cash under his pillow (that he could later use to buy a toy) seemed to seal the deal.  I pulled it out and that was that.  Oh, except we had to go out for a celebratory dinner at Hibachi (another bribe for letting me pull out his tooth...)

Jack is just chilling in one of the toy boxes.  He looked so cute (and so grown up), I couldn't help but snap a photo...

Sam was "star of the week" in his preschool class the first part of January.  He had to make a poster all about him (and pretty much all on his own).  What a great job he did!  He is such a perfectionist; he had to make sure that none of the pictures overlapped each other and that none of them were hanging over the edge.  He picked out the pics and glued them all on all by himself.  I joked that he did such an amazing job that his teachers were going to think that I did it for him.  The funniest part are the cool pictures he found on the internet of the sushi--it's lego sushi!  His teachers were also quite impressed that the artichoke was on there; not many 4-yr-old like artichokes...

What the heck is Max doing in the closet?  Of course, he is looking for a toy.  That kid climbs up everything.  He is not supposed to stand on those shelves, though, so I told him to get down--but I had to take a picture of it first since it was so funny to see him up there wearing that outfit (or lack of outfit)...

Costume time!



Even mommy has to dress up...


Check out the massive heap of costumes at Sam's feet.  That is only a small portion of our collection.  My kids LOVE to dress up!!!


Bath time continues to be my least favorite parenting duty.  The boys fight over who gets to sit where, who gets out first, who gets what towel, who had what toy first, and they SPLASH everywhere.  I always end up getting quite soaked by the time I have them all clean and rinsed off.  They are getting so big it is hard to have them all bath together, but they LOVE it.  I try to sneak one or two of them upstairs and into the tub and sure enough, the third will have figured it out in no time and come running in, naked and ready to bathe.  Of course I much prefer them to shower, but they don't enjoy it nearly as much,  so I often give in and they all three splash in the tub.  Fortunately, Paul is the official bather of the house so if he is home I usually just hand the dirty kids off to him...

I thought this was a cute picture of Sam and Jack--they look so much alike!  I bought the basket to hold all of our many blankets but it turned into a favorite seat of the boys'...


It is hard to remember the obviously nice weather of the following pictures since I am typing this in March, in the midst of a super cold and snowy spell.  But, as is depicted by the group of photos below, we had a small stretch of no snow with temps above freezing.  As I am writing this,  I can't remember the last time I saw our grass; we have had a TON of snow this winter.  So, I am guessing that these pictures were it.  I feel confident in saying that soon after we finished playing with our awesome homemade cardboard and duct tape swords and shields outside without our coats on this January day, it snowed, and then snowed again, and then again and again and again and again and again...







But, it rained first.  The boys had a blast playing in the mud, but they made a huge mess on the driveway...





My cute and clever Sam lined up all these cars and monster trucks. He was so particular about what car went where and Jack was not allowed to take any of them from the line.  I let him keep it up long enough to show Max when he got home from school, but eventually I had to let Jack grab a truck or two...


Max is such a good helper and awesome brother.  Paul took this picture of him making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Sam for breakfast.  He did it all by himself!

Max tucked his stuffed animals into his bed.  So precious!...

Here is the snow we have been getting way too much of.  Jack and I had fun shoveling it into buckets on this particular day...


Paul and I got to go out on a double date with our favorite sitter ever--Liz!  We have missed her so much since she moved to Philly, so it was nice to be able to have a grown-up dinner with her and catch up.  We dined at a specatular Asian restaurant called Buddakan (the same place we went with my mom when she was out here last).  My mouth is watering just thinking of how yummy the food is...

My three cuties, chillin' on the couch...


No comments: