Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Rest of February

I took Sam and Jack to the dentist in February.  It wasn't the first time for either of them, but Jack looked so darned cute with the sunglasses on, holding so still, that I just had to take a couple of pictures.  He was so big and so cute.  Sam did great as well, but I didn't even think to take a picture of him as at the time I was trying to corral a curious Jack who, when he wasn't trying to climb in the seat with Sammy, was really upset that I wouldn't let him climb up on any of the other exam chairs.  So I missed the photo op with Sam.  But Sam was so very good, that, when it was his turn, Jack knew there was nothing to be worried about.  The good news is no one had a cavity!


Paul and I went out with a bunch of friends in February to celebrate my friend, Karen's, 40th birthday.  I somehow didn't get any pictures with the birthday girl, (or with Paul), but here is a cute one of Sara and I--being photo-bombed by her husband, Eric...

Jack has really been into dressing up lately.  Doesn't he make an adorable green ninja?

And a super cute Mario next to his darling older brother, Luigi...

I was just getting out of the shower when the boys came into the bathroom to hang out or ask me a question or something.  They started to get silly, and the next thing I knew, Max was face down in my clothes hamper.  It was tough to get him out--he's so big--but the whole thing was very funny...

Leonardo was part of the carpool pickup on this particular day...

We have had a most brutal winter this year, the snow and cold temperatures have been relentless.  As I am writing this in mid-March the snow has finally melted for the most part, but guess what?  Another snow storm is coming tonight and tomorrow; we could get 1-4 inches!  Before this last week, however, there has been a ton of snow on the ground.  The kids have missed so many school days because of it and all of the storms that they have taken away their spring break and Memorial Day. It has been so cold that it was hard to even get motivated to go outside.  We tried our best, though...

Look at this snow drift on our deck...

We made this snowman, and the boys decided that since we didn't really have anything cool to adorn him with aside from a hat and carrot, we should paint him.  What the heck--it is washable paint!



We also tried to make a snow fortress.  Jack found the idea of knocking the blocks down so irresistible, however, that we didn't get very far.  It was still fun to make!













No comments: