Since we are leaving for UT in less than 2 weeks (holy cow!), I have a lot of catching up to do. Since I will undoubtedly be taking a lot of pictures while I am there, I don't want to be doing any "back-posting" when I return in August. So, prepare to be bombarded with quite a few posts before we head west (at least I hope I can get caught up)...
I got to hang out at Max's preschool on two different occasions in May. For Mother's Day his class sang a few cute little songs for the moms...
And for his graduation they sang a few more cute little songs. When I say cute I really mean tear-jerkingly adorable--Max actually participated. He knew the words, sang along, and even did the hand movements and other motions that were part of some of the tunes. This is completely foreign behavior for Max--he usually doesn't like the spotlight on him, even if it is as part of a group. In fact, just six months ago at their Christmas program he got so embarrassed that he wouldn't look at or talk to anyone. But, this time he participated and it was cute!!
Max and his best friend Joey with their teachers, Mrs. Whoriskey and Mrs. Allen...
I can't believe my little guy is getting so big!
Now a few random pictures of Jack. He loves to be outside, whether in the stroller or exploring on his hands and knees.
He also loves to nap in the stroller...
And he has also been known to nap in his highchair...
Actually, this little stink is a horrible napper altogether--he just resists them with all his might. In the above pictures he had refused nap after nap so finally at dinner time he succumbed to his sleepiness. He actually slept that way for a half an hour or more... Love this little strong-willed guy!!
Near the end of May, Paul and I took the boys to a local monster truck show in Plymouth Meeting. Yes--monster trucks. Before I became a mother of boys I would have never been caught dead in such a place. Now, I not only know all the famous monster trucks' names, I also know their drivers. Who would have thunk??
It was quite a small production, held in an arena that is probably only half the size of the Ute Stampede in Nephi. But, in addition to the monster trucks, there were motorcycle and BMX bike stunts so it turned out to be rather entertaining. At least that is what I am told. Silly parents--we forgot the ear plugs (and monster truck shows are REALLY loud) so I had to take Jack to the car. It was way too loud for him, and way too hot for me, so we sought respite in the air-conditioned car.
At the end of the show Paul, Max and Sam took a ride in one of the massive trucks...



No comments:
Post a Comment