Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Baby's First Birthday

My baby had his first birthday just over a month ago.  It was a little bittersweet, as I was sad to officially say goodbye to his babyhood yet excited for all of the fun a toddler brings.  Everyday Jack learns something new and just gets cuter and cuter by the second, but it was and is a little hard to think about my baby-snuggling days being over.  Jack's first year went by the quickest of all the boys--I guess our life just gets busier as the older ones are becoming more involved in activities.   When I reflect back on his first year I wonder sometimes if I really got to enjoy it.  Life with little kids gets so busy and crazy that sometimes it is hard to remember to just slow down and enjoy this precious time.  I think I will always long for more time.   In my mind this is the main reason we aren't having anymore little Blane bundles.  If we add anymore kids to the B-hive--anymore madness to this mayhem, I won't get to enjoy any of them.   So, Jack, you will always be my baby!

Here is Jack eating breakfast on the anniversary of his birth.  Extra sharp cheddar, grapes, pancakes and sausage are his favorite breakfast items.  Of course he got all of these on his special day!

It was a beautiful day and the birthday boy had a blast playing outside--his favorite place to be!


Both of his big brothers took him for a ride in the Gator (one of his favorite activities these days)...




Mimi drove all the way down to help celebrate Jack's big day!

Isn't he just delicious?  I love this sweet little treat!



Max and Sam enjoyed opening Jack's presents for him...



And Jack enjoyed playing with them... 

And of course there was birthday cake.  Wait.  Jack only got a puny little cupcake.  Oh well, I don't think he minded.  




In fact, he really enjoyed ripping it apart.  Thank goodness there were only crumbs from a puny little cupcake to clean up--Jack is quite the mess-maker...

Paul and I felt a little bad that we didn't have a big party for his big birthday, but I actually think Jack preferred it that way.  He had a great day full of all his favorite things.  Now I just hope he listens to me and stops growing so dang much.  I want to keep snuggling him for a long time to come!  (He is such a snuggler!)

No comments: