What a busy month August must have been. I can't believe it is already the middle of October and I am still trying to catch up with August. One of these days I might actually be doing this in real time, but for now I do not have that kind of time so instead I will keep trying to catch up with the ever-growing eventful past of a busy life with three little boys...
Much to our surprise we had a wonderful crop of tomatoes this year. This was by far the best yield we have had since moving out here. I just did the math and it is our 4th year of growing tomatoes in PA. That seems amazing. Anyway, it has never been as good as our worst crop in UT, but we will take what we can get, especially were homegrown tomatoes are concerned. Tomatoes are by far my most favorite food on the planet. Anyone who knows me knows that I can power through pounds of them just sliced up with salt and pepper. I miss these simple and fresh summer dinners... Fortunately, my awesome hubby helped me bottled several jars of them so I can at least have the homegrown essence in tomato dishes throughout the winter...
I needed to take a picture of the boys to school to put above their coat/backpack hook. I was really amazed at how well the boys cooperated...
The superheros of the B-Hive have been in hibernation up until Batman Max reappeared near the end of August. I love when they dress up like this and use their imaginations. Max is really quite creative. They love to have me be the bad guy and chase them around the yard. This game only works when Jack is asleep, however, as he complains (understandably) when we all take off running without him and he is just way too heavy for me to carry. So, we try to take advantage of the naps we get from Jack (which have thankfully gotten quite regular and lengthy), and use that time to play board games or runnning games, or playdough or crafts.
Max had a dentist appointment and was so stinking cute that I just had to snap a few pictures. He is the perfect kid when he is sitting in the exam chair--he answers all of their questions like such a big boy, and he is super cooperative and never complains.
I can't imagine that any other kid in the world would be so calm and amenable during a dental exam, but I was recently shocked to
discover another little guy who could be just as sweet when fingers and
tools and water and air are all up in his mouth: Sam. Yep, my very
strong-willed second child is just as good at the dentist as his big
brother. This is a shocker because I suspect Sam inherited my sensitive
teeth as he complains when I try to brush them and has difficulty
eating ice cream and other cold foods. But, Sam was the perfect patient at his checkup recently. He goes to a different dentist, however, and the photo-op wasn't there without the sunglasses so I didn't get any pictures.
I will end with the pictures of the current craziness in our life. We are remodeling our master bathroom, and it is taking a while. It is our fault, really, since we had told our contractor we wanted it done in July (while the boys and I were away) so that was the time frame he carved out for us. Unfortunately, Paul and I hadn't made any design decisions before I left so this project is dragging on and on. One day it will be done and will be awesome, but for now we are all cramped in the boys' bathroom down the hall and giving our new basement bathroom a lot of use.












No comments:
Post a Comment