Sunday, July 20, 2014

Time to get Physical!

May was a busy month full of a lot of physical activity.  

Of course there is always the trampoline that the boys never tire of...

Also, Max and Sam participated in a running series held every Sunday for the month of May where they raced against other kids their age.  Sammy ran the 50 yard dash (where he did amazing, coming in 2nd place), and Max ran 1/4 mile.  Max did really well, too, and was racing against not only other kindergarteners but 1st graders as well.  His course was also very hilly...




Max and Sam both played soccer this spring.  Sammy did Soccer Shots thru his preschool (held once a week after school so I was not able to watch or snap any photos), and Max played on a kindergarten league called Pee Wee Soccer (we did this program in the fall as well).  Here are Max and his good buddies from his team:

This is what I did twice a week watching Max's practices and games:

Paul and I achieved an amazing goal that we are extremely proud of--we ran Broad Street!  The Broad Street Run is a 10 mile road race that starts in Northern Philly, passes thru Center City at the half-way point, and ends on the South end near all of the stadiums and the Navy Yard.  It was such a cool run and huge accomplishment.  We had to leave our house at 6:00 in the morning (we left our kids with a sitter), and drive into the city.  We parked at the Wells Fargo Center and took the subway up to Northern Philly.  Here is a pic of us on the subway--I was so nervous... 


Almost time to start.  There were nearly 40,000 other runners (Broad Street is the largest/most popular 10-mile road race in the nation). 

I managed to snap a picture of City Hall at mile 5... 

We did it!!!!!



Jack was in a gymnastics class during the school year that he absolutely loved.  He got to jump on trampolines, swing from bars, walk on the balance beams--he was so bummed when it ended.  I promised him I would sign him up again in the fall... 




Of course cleaning is hard, physical work.  My little half-naked window-washers did a pretty good job! 




The boys love it when they get to play basketball at the Y after I workout... 






No comments: