Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Big Birthday Bash

I know I am so behind on posting and recording our happenings.  Life is just so crazy and there is no evidence that it will be slowing down any time soon.  The weight of keeping this blog up-to-date is constantly on my shoulders, and I often think that I should just stop it all.  I don't need the extra stress in my life and the extra thing to worry about finding time for.  Maybe I will stop when I get caught up with 2015.  I just don't have time to do this anymore.  But, I need to finish what I started, and at least get this year documented.  These busy boys are growing so fast and getting so big.

So, let's backtrack...

In August we had our 4th annual water slide birthday party for Sam, only this time we decided to include Jack in on the action too.  Jack had never had a party before,  and since his and Sam's birthdays are only 2 weeks apart, we thought we would combine them and kill two birds with one stone.  We invited a bunch of our friends and everyone had a blast!  The boys were super into sharks at that point, so we used that as our theme.  Normally we just order a bunch of pizzas and I prepare several (too many according to Paul) appetizers and salads.  Jack absolutely loves pizza.  Sam does too, but oddly enough he only likes the frozen kind from Costco.  He pretty much rejects delivery pizza.  So, in addition to the pizza we had a huge platter of subs.  Sam loves subway sandwiches!  (although out here they call them hoagies…)  I ordered a cake for Sam, and made brownies for Jack (who absolutely loathes cake).  *Some kids had brownies some had cake.  Max had both. Sam had cake. Jack had brownies.  It was optional.* (The sentences in asterisks were written and typed by Max.  Maybe I should hand the blogging over to him from now on!)


The really fun part of the night--in the opinion of the boys--was the present-opening part.  Sam and Jack got many cool gifts from their friends with Sharks and Guardians of the Galaxy-related swag comprising the majority of the gifts.  *It was joyful too.  They shared with Max good.* (Max)



One of my favorite parts of the slide birthday party is the after-party party.  The slide company always lets us keep the slide until late the next afternoon, so we have some of our friends come back, including ones that weren't able to make it to the actual party, and we do it all over again.  I serve leftovers from the day before and top it all off with the remaining cake and brownies.  The kids always have such a blast on this day, and I don't feel like I have to work so much so I can enjoy myself more. *I love it too because I like to see the kids have fun.  Max likes it because he likes to play.* (Max)






Every year I stress and stress about this party.  The unknown is the weather.  There is always the worry of a torrential downpour.  Which would totally suck because we invite so many people--so many kids.  There would be no way to handle or entertain inside our house.  So far--4 years in a row--we have been lucky.  Maybe we shouldn't press our luck?  Is it possible to have this party for five years without rain????

No comments: