Saturday, March 7, 2015

February Fun

What a fun, short, cold month February was.  It came and went in the blink of an eye (as everything seems to these days).  There was a lot of snow and a lot of really, really cold days, so again we were stuck inside most of the time. 

Jack loves to dress up.  He puts on at least two or three costumes every day.  Correction--I put two or three costumes (at least) on him every day.  Even though he always seems to ask me when I am elbow deep in dishes or toilet cleaning or cooking, I never mind helping him into his assumed identity.  This kid is so imaginative, and dressing up is a great way for him to pretend. 
  


This is Jack with his little buddy, Joseph

I mentioned in the last post that we have been doing a lot of puzzles at our house.  Jack is a puzzle genius!  Not only does he enjoy doing them, but he is really, really good at them.  And I am not talking about the big wooden, easy puzzles, either.  He does some pretty substantial puzzles-- 40-50 pieces.  We do a lot together, but I am amazed at how much he can accomplish on his own.  Once he has completed them, he likes to keep them together in the middle of the floor for several days to admire.  


Paul and I got a sitter and enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day date at Morton's.  We didn't even think to take a picture until we were in the car on our way home--so here is a commemorative "selfie" in the car of our 11th Valentine's Day together!

The boys love when we go to Morton's since it means yummy leftovers for breakfast.  They inhaled the  delicious "cow meat"...




The boys still love to eat at California Tortilla... 


"Family Movie Night" has become an anticipated weekly event in our house.  We pop a huge bowl of popcorn, turn off all the lights so that it's "movie theater dark" and snuggle on the couch for a movie. Lately we have been watching the Star Wars movies.  We have one more of the six to go. This is the first time I have ever seen Star Wars, and the boys absolutely love it.  I am thinking we will do Indiana Jones next, but we'll see.  


We got snowed on a few times during the month of February.  Once it finally accumulated enough to go sledding, the boys and I were beyond excited! 
 







Max and his buddy Isaac got to go on a "date" with their first grade teacher, Ms Nikish.  They were the first ones in their class to accumulate enough tickets (given for good behavior) to achieve this sought after goal.  He was so excited.  They went to a pizza place where they could make their own pizzas  I sat nearby with the other two, beaming with pride and trying to candidly snap pictures without interrupting their "date." 


  
The boys all played indoor soccer this winter.  Jack just loves that he is finally doing his own thing instead of always being dragged to watch his older brothers play.  He was being pretty silly on the morning I took these pictures... 



One more pic of the new fireplace taken in February...

No comments: