Sunday, January 11, 2015

Halloween

Halloween usually kicks off in early October and lasts all month.  The kids love this time of year.  Jack was totally loving it as dressing up is one of his favorites.  Everyday is Halloween for this kid. 

Max and Sam wanted to be something totally obscure this year.  Max wanted to be Shadow the Hedgehog and Sam wanted to be Silver.  I had never even heard of these characters but apparently they are from the video game Sonic the Hedgehog.  I had to google them and figure out a way to make the costumes as they don't sell them at Target (or even online for that matter).  I just used scissors, felt, and a hot glue gun, but I think they turned out quite cool!





We filled the month with Halloween themed parties and parades and celebrations at their schools...











Sam decided he wanted to change it up and be Batman for his school party/parade...  



Max's school doesn't celebrate Halloween as it is considered at religious holiday, so instead they had a "Harvest Party."  I got to join the celebration and help the kids make some Halloween inspired crafts.  They turned out super cute and it was so fun to see Max in his classroom.

Pumpkin carving in our makeshift kitchen...





Happy Halloween!


No comments: