Sunday, January 11, 2015

This and That in October

For the latter part of September, all of October and thru most of November, the main floor of our house was under MAJOR construction.  (More on that later).  So, we did a lot of dining out, especially for lunch because it was just too noisy and chaotic to be home during the day.





When we did eat at home, it was in the basement in our guest bedroom-turned-makeshift kitchen.  Here is Jack eating ketchup with a side of turkey burger...


Sam had a little crash on his scooter at the park one afternoon and came out of it with a bloody nose. 

Random cute pics from Octobor...







I had carpal tunnel release surgery in early October.  Man, it hurt like crap for quite a while, but at least my carpal tunnel symptoms are gone.  They got really bad really fast.  I feel like I have been suffering from mild  CT on and off since Max was born, but a couple of weeks or so before my surgery, my wrist pain and numbness was so bad that it woke me up at night, and I couldn't even grip things or stand the burning numbness most mornings.  After the surgery I felt none of these symptoms anymore, but the incision site hurt like hell.  They completely sever the ligament in the surgery, so it just takes time to heal.  This has been hard for me.  For weeks it hurt to do everything, but slowly it is getting better.  Now, about three months later, most of the deficit I still notice is during exercise.  I am struggling to hold a plank for one minute without pain (that used to be easy-peasy for me), and I can barely push through 2 regular push-ups (on my toes) where before I could do 20 or more--the pain when I bear my weight like that is just too bad.  It has been frustrating, and I pretty much took those months I was healing off from working out.  So now I am back at it, in the New Year, starting from square one again.  I struggled to run 3 miles the other day, i am so out of shape.


Max took this picture shortly after my surgery.  Even driving was painful--and I had to do it solely with my left hand.









No comments: