True, it was over a month-and-a-half ago, but when my baby turned 6 months old I was utterly astounded. Half a year??? Already gone, and I definitely don't have a tiny little bundle of a baby nugget anymore. This is a big boy! Naturally, I am blogging in the past, but I definitely want to include this huge milestone.
With the exception of the extremely sleep-deprived months 2 and 3, I have had Jack pose with this little teddy bear on the day he turns a month older. Here is at 6 months old...
He is sitting up on his own and holding that little teddy bear so sweetly. He looks so big!
Jack really started sitting up unassisted this month, and with that came a new perspective on things like toys--he is now quite "into" playing with toys. He cut way back on the amount of time he spends napping, which is a little disappointing but I am sure it is just because he doesn't want to miss out on all the action (and in our house there is nothing if not a LOT of action). He still loves to play with and watch his big brothers--probably the two most interesting and entertaining things in the world as far as he is concerned. Also, Jack really loves to eat. At this age he routinely eats breakfast and dinner in the highchair with the family, and will eat anything I give to him. He still has no teeth, but drools and mouths everything he can. He weighed in at 16.5 pounds (30th percentile), but his length is in the 90th percentile. He is long and lean!! We also introduced Jack to his crib, but he is quite certain that he would much rather snuggle in Mommy's bed which is where he always ends up (along with his older brother Sam--Paul and I have quite the full bed these days!)
Since I am blogging in the past, and since I am sleep deprived even now that my baby is a half a year old (probably even more so now), I am just going to include a montage of pictures of Jack at 6-months without a lot of narrative... (his cute face can speak for itself!)
This is Liz, our sitter...
She is the most amazing find ever. The boys LOVE her. I LOOOOVVVVEE her. She is wonderful. She is beyond wonderful--there are no words to describe how much we love her.
I dug up this old picture of Max feeding Sam. First of all, look how little Max was. He was so young! In this pic Sam is 6 months-old. He wasn't a good eater when it came to baby food, but Max could get him to eat. He always opened his mouth wide for Max...
Fast-forward a couple of years, and now Sam is feeding Jack!




No comments:
Post a Comment