Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Landscape Makeover

 Ever since we moved in to this house, the front yard has been an area that needed change.  It basically consisted of a huge mulch bed that grew nothing but weeds and over-trimmed azalea bushes.  But mostly weeds.  There is no way on earth I could ever keep up with the weeds.  I can barely manage to keep up with the vacuuming.  So Paul and I have been trying to figure out what do (and find the time and money to do it) for three years now.  Well, finally, we are taking action!!  Probably the impetus to the project was the need to cut down the huge oak tree.  A landscaper told Paul that it was standing way too close to the house, so then we just had to get rid of it...

 


 
       

So Paul gassed up his chainsaw and down she went!!


The boys were quite amazed that their dad could cut down such a huge tree


I have to admit, I am a little sad the tree is gone--I thought the shade was nice and it did offer some privacy.   The house looks so bare now, and it is screaming out for a paint job.   But I know Paul is happy it is gone.  I am just glad the mulch bed is going away...





We have also been doing a little work on our garden.  We burned the weeds (which the boys just loved), and tidied it up a bit.  


Now we just need to start planting!!

Paul picked up a big load of mulch to put between the garden beds.  The boys had fun riding on top of the pile down to the garden...















No comments: