Once October hits it seems like we are on perpetual Halloween mode--jumping from one party or celebration or festivity to another. This is fun, but by the time the 31st rolls around I for one am ready for it to just be over. The kids love this time of year, and the dressing up, the parties, the pumpkins and all of that candy never get old!
We kicked off October by heading to Longwood Gardens. They always have such a nice autumn display...
Jack LOVES corn on the cob (he calls it "popcorn"), and more than once I caught him trying to take a bite from an ear of Indian corn...
Jack didn't know what to think of all the Halloween-themed tchotchke's at Walgreen's when I dragged him in there with me to get my flu shot. He wanted one of everything pumpkin-related!
Max's class had a "Harvest Party" instead of a Halloween one, and his school is not allowed to dress up in costume...
Sam's preschool had their usual costume parade and Halloween party (he is Spiderman)...
My Mom's club has a Halloween party every year that is so much fun. Jack recycled Max's old Indian costume for this event...
We went to a pre-parade Halloween party at a friend's house and this time Jack dressed up as a cowboy...
Then we headed to the annual West Chester Halloween parade. We have been to this parade every year and it is a ton of fun. However, I almost didn't take the boys this year. Paul was away on a business trip, and the parade starts at 7:30 pm on a Wednesday. I thought it would be too much work for a school night, but since we ended up going with a bunch of our friends from the party, it made it much easier and we all had a blast!
Although they couldn't hold a "Halloween" party and wear costumes during the school day, the PTO of Max's school organized an actual Halloween party after school one night that Max was super excited to attend...
Paul and I went to a "grown-up" Halloween party at my friend Sara's house...
Here is a picture of the girls. Sara's costume was so creative--she was "Wilson" from the movie Castaway made out of paper mache...
Finally the big day arrived!
The weather was perfect, and the boys had a blast trick-or-treating in our neighborhood...
That was a LOT of Halloweening. I think we did this holiday good!














No comments:
Post a Comment