I can't believe this little cutie pie is 4 years old!
Since the big water slide was such a hit last year at his party, we decided to do it again this year. Except, we did scale down on the guest list tremendously. This made it a little more manageable and enjoyable. Once again the weather was perfect for an end-of August water party!
Even though I scaled down on the guest list, I still prepared enough food for a huge soiree. I know that is a big surprise! So, since the slide wasn't scheduled to be picked up until the next evening, we had a bunch of our friends (some of whom couldn't make it to the actual party) come back the following day and the party continued!!
We followed up party #2 with dinner al fresco and leftover cake...
I guess all of that partying must have taken its toll on the birthday boy because the next day--on his ACTUAL birthday--poor Sammy woke up in bad shape. He had a horrible cough, fever of 103, and his breathing could only be described as "wheezy". So, we headed to the doctor and, with the diagnosis of Strep throat and a respiratory infection, came home with an antibiotic, a nebulizer and a steroid. Sam was such a trooper. He had to have respiratory treatments 4 times a day for the first two days, then three times a day for a week...
At least the presents he got to open helped lighten the mood a little bit...
And there was even one more cake (this time it was homemade)...
Here is just a little add-in unrelated to Sam's birthday. One evening in early August, Paul came home with these giant cookies that one of his friends purchased for the boys. They are as big as their heads, of course, every last morsel was devoured (over several days, of course!!)...




























No comments:
Post a Comment