This Labor Day, the Impriano's had us over for our 3rd Annual Labor Day Party to mark the end of summer and beginning of the school year. This was a big year for us as Sara and I both had a kindergartener starting soon. Sniff, sniff.
Since my diet has changed drastically over the past six months, I am constantly trying out new recipes that not only I can eat but will also please a crowd. With this flourless chocolate cake (soy, dairy, and gluten free), I think I succeeded. I brought this to the Labor Day party and it was every bit as good as it looks...!
The kids enjoyed the fire, roasting marshmallows and eating the yummy s'more's (which are NOT soy, dairy OR gluten free)...
I can't believe that I have a Kindergartener! Max started school in early September and loves it. He enjoys riding the bus and has made a lot of friends. His teacher says he is a great student. We are not at all surprised--Max is a good kid! It was hard at first to get him (and his two brothers) out the door and to the bus stop on time EVERY morning, but we eventually got into a routine. We do miss our pajama day, though...
A couple of weeks later, Sammy started preschool. He goes three days a week this year, and has a lot of his old friends in his class. As much as he grumbles in the morning when we are getting ready to go, (or at night when we are trying to get into bed), I think he quite likes his school...











No comments:
Post a Comment