Sunday, January 26, 2014

Other October Occurrences

Just counting the massive amount of Halloween celebrating we do, October was a crazy busy month.  However, that wasn't even the half of it.  There were many other fun things going on during this awesome yet super involved month...

Max's school had "spirit week" where they had a theme each day to dress as.  

This was "picture day" where he picked out his favorite handsome shirt...

Crazy sock day--these superman socks actually have little capes on the back...

Crazy hair day (Max with his good buddy Conner)...

We went apple picking at a nearby orchard with some friends.  We scored a ton of delicious apples and the boys had a blast! 


Max loved climbing up the trees to pick the perfect apple...



Jack was just picking them up off the ground.  I was constantly wrangling a rotten apple full of worm holes from his hands... 



 


My friend Sara and I took the kids to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm in the middle of Amish country near Lancaster.  This place was a-mazing.  There were so many fun things to see and cool activities to do...









Sammy loved the baby chicks.  I couldn't get him to put the fluffy thing down so we could move on to the next attraction...


Perhaps the coolest thing about this place (in my opinion anyway) was the corn maize.  This thing was huge--5 acres--with over 2.5 miles of paths.  We took the easy, short route with the kids, but even then I managed to get turned around a couple of times...


These pictures of Sam and Gracie are so adorable...


We were still doing soccer on top of everything else this month!  The boys soccer leagues finally wound down in late October.  The last game of the season they all get medals...

Sam and his best bud Jimmy...

Max's "YMCA" team (he played in another soccer league--"Peewee"--at the same time and was the star of both teams)...

Max and his best bud Joey after getting their medals from the "Peewee" soccer league...

Check out the new toy I got in October!  Paul bought this for me when I expressed interest after riding Max and Sam's 50cc.  They are a lot of fun, but I still have quite a bit of learning to do.  Heck, I don't want to be left out when all of my boys go for a weekend ride!

We stopped and visited Mater one afternoon at a nearby farm.  Jack loves Lightening McQeen and all of the characters so this was fun for him...

Paul and I refinished the table and chair set we got (Mimi got) at a local consignment store...


My running buddies and I ran a Halloween themed race together...


Whew!  October was a BUSY month!  Thank goodness it only comes once a year!

No comments: